New Centre Records, November 14 & 15
Congratulations to our new Centre Record holders from over the weekend.
- U14 girls long jump. old: Aelisha Young 4.56m (30/10/04); new: Lucy Carter 4.65m.
- U14 boys 1500m. old: Jonty Roberts 4:59.6 (18/03/08); new: Hugh Fletcher 4:51.2.
A massive thank you to all prize contributors in this season's major raffle.
Please show your appreciation by supporting these great businesses.
New programs out soon
Keen observers will have noticed that the programs we have done in the first three weeks do not match up with the advertised programs. We've had to contend with John Turnbull Oval not being ready as well as some last minute rule changes forced upon us by Little Athletics Australia. The rule changes have been made with the safety and development of young bodies in mind.
After the first 3 programs the only event that we haven't covered is race walks. From this weekend we will settle into a new, regular weekly program.
Registration Details 2015-2016
Please don't forget that registration is a two part process. You must (1) pay registration fees AND (2) enter (for new athletes) or edit / confirm (for returning athletes) details on the IMG registration website. A name badge can not be requested until an IMG membership number has been generated.
Please also note that proof of date of birth is requireded for new athletes to ensure they are competing in the correct age group. Age groups reset on October 1 - use the age group calculator to check.
If you are a returning family please follow the instructions for re-registration as set out in the email sent by Little Athletics Tasmania. You will find a username and password in the email.
If you choose to pay by cash, cheque, or funds transfer directly to the Centre, the fees are in the table below. BSB details are also below. Online payments through the Little Athletics Tasmania website incur a 6% transaction fee.
- 1 child $85
- 2 children $170
- 3 children $255
- 4 children $340
- 5 children $415
- tiny tot $25
- Dual registrations with Athletics Tasmania, see below.
For athletes choosing to do Little Athletics as well as senior athletics with Athletics Tasmania, registration fees are dependent on the athlete's birth year. Athletes must register with both organisations and the order of registration is important.
|Birth year||Little Aths. fee||Senior Aths. fee||Order of registration|
|2003/4/5||standard family fees above||$145 (tbc)||Little Aths then Seniors|
|prior to 2003||dual fee = $65||$250 (tbc)||Seniors then Little Aths|
Competition and training insurance is covered by the body in control of the event in which the athlete is competing.
Electronic funds transfer details:
- BSB: 067100
- a/c no: 28014056
- a/c name: Hobart Districts Little Athletics Centre
Working With Children Registration
A new registration requirement exists for people wishing to work or volunteer with children in Tasmania. In consultation with Little Athletics Tasmania, the following Guide has been designed specifically for Little Athletics volunteers and officials.
Working with Children Registration aims to reduce the potential for sexual, physical, psychological, emotional or financial harm or neglect of children in Tasmania
You must hold registration to participate in activities such as age group management, committee membership, and coaching.
Volunteers fees are $17.76 and the registration holds for 3 years. If you already have registration for employment purposes, this will cover you at Little Athletics - please inform the club.
- U11-U15 may wear spike shoes in long jump, triple jump, and events run entirely in lanes.
- U12-U15 may also wear spikes in high jump and javelin.
- Except for walks, U13-U15 may wear spikes in events NOT run entirely in lanes.
- Allowable spike length = 7mm for synthetic track, 9mm for jumps and javelin, 12mm for grass.
- Blocks are not compulsory except on synthetic tracks when spikes are worn for distances up to 400m.
- Javelin will only be offered at State Events from U11 upwards.
- Turbo Jav will be offered from U8-U10.
- Records will remain for U10 Javelin, and new records will appear for U10 Turbo Jav.
- High jump will no longer be offered at State Events for U8.
- Scissor technique will be compulsory for U9 and U10.
- Verbal or other communication, without the use of a technical device, to or from an individual who is not in the competition area (eg: A Coach), shall not be considered “Assistance to athletes”, and therefore will be allowed.
- Adhesive substances may now be applied to a competitor's hand (eg chalk, magnesium, Grippo).
- It cannot be formed into a paste (IAAF).
- Competitors must supply their own.
- Not offered at State Events for U6 and U7.