State Individual Championships - Confirmed Entries
New Centre Records
Congratulations to our serial record breakers, Tyson Hartill and Hugh Fletcher, who continued to rewrite the Centre Record books at the Northern All State.
- U14 boys shot put. old: Tyson Hartill 12.93m (17/11/16); new: Tyson Hartill 13.06m.
- U15 boys 800m. old: Jonty Roberts 2:10.9s (08/03/09); new: Hugh Fletcher 2:09.5s.
Registration Details 2016-2017
- $115 per child U6-U15
- tiny tot $25
We accept payments by cash, cheque, or funds transfer direct to the Centre. Online payments through the Little Athletics Tasmania website incur a 6% transaction fee.
Electronic funds transfer details:
- BSB: 067100
- a/c no: 28014056
- a/c name: Hobart Districts Little Athletics Centre
Registration is a two part process. You must (1) pay registration fees AND (2) enter (for new athletes) or edit / confirm (for returning athletes) details on the IMG registration website. A name badge can not be requested until an IMG membership number has been generated.
Please also note that proof of date of birth is requireded for new athletes to ensure they are competing in the correct age group. Age groups reset on October 1 - use the age group calculator to check.
If you are a returning family please follow the instructions for re-registration as set out in the email to be sent by Little Athletics Tasmania. You will find a username and password in the email.
Rule Changes for 2016-2017
The following changes were announced at the Tasmanian Little Athletics State Conference this year. These changes are National changes and will be effective as of the coming season:
- Under 9 athletes will stay at the 45cm height and not go up a height. This means new Centre records for the U9 hurdles this coming season.
- The 200m hurdles for the U13s will come back to the State Championships but will be on the 68cm height and not on the 76cm height as previously. This will mean new 200m hurdles records this year for our U13 athletes.
- The new event of 300m hurdles to replace 200m hurdles for the U15s.
- The 200m hurdles event will most likely be included in this years ALACs.
- The triple jump will only be available for U10s and up.
- This event will be phased out to U11s in 2017/2018.
- The use of sand on the mat will only be available for the U10 age group in the triple jump. Please note that this will be different for the long jump. For U11s and up the measurement will be taken from the front of the mat.
- Board or mat to be used from U11s and up. (No sand on the mat)
- The high jump is back for the U8s including at the State Championships.
- The scissor technique only must be used up to and including U10s.
- Under 15 Australian Little Athletics Championships (ALAC) multi event will be a heptathlon (7 events).
- The U14s and U15s only will do the heptathlon at state championships, no change for the other age groups.
- The added events are the javelin and the high jump.
- This event for these age groups will now be held over 2 days - Friday evening and Saturday.
Working With Children Registration
A new registration requirement exists for people wishing to work or volunteer with children in Tasmania. In consultation with Little Athletics Tasmania, the following Guide has been designed specifically for Little Athletics volunteers and officials.
Working with Children Registration aims to reduce the potential for sexual, physical, psychological, emotional or financial harm or neglect of children in Tasmania
You must hold registration to participate in activities such as age group management, committee membership, and coaching.
Volunteers fees are $17.76 and the registration holds for 3 years. If you already have registration for employment purposes, this will cover you at Little Athletics - please inform the club.